The core competence of Delta Cultura is education … says our mission.
Often education is associated with school education and the support we give the children to do their homework is seen as a core program. It is very popular for parents, public schools and partly also the funders. Very less popular it is for the children … For Delta Cultura it is one of different programmes that intertwine and lead to the desired education.
The 250 children and adolescents get support for their homework and tutoring if necessary on a daily basis. The educators try to get the most out of the not very popular homework and try to convey at least a little bit of the joy and enthusiasm that is so important for learning:
- The classrooms are designed to remind the children the least possible of their classrooms in school.
- The educators are present and available if the children need them and ask for their support.
- The children are divided in small groups and support each other.
- The tutoring very often happens playful on the Computer, but also on the football pitch or anywhere in the Education Center.
- The aim of the homework groups is to finish homework as fast as possible so the children can dedicate themselves to the much more popular educational games, sports and the arts.